[CentOS] Re: Hot swap CPU -- any chance this thread will end?

Tue Jul 5 00:16:28 UTC 2005
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 07:43 -0400, Chris Mauritz wrote:
>
>>I'm not sure if they continued to run Slowlaris on them or if they
>>installed some incarnation of Linux.
>

> Could we stop this bigotry?
>
> Until someone can demonstrate Linux runs on 2 or even 4-way systems as
> good as Solaris, I would rather not hear this chest pounding junk.

Heh. This 'slowlaris' has nothing to do with what kernel you are
running. It's the blinking libraries/programs that come with Slowlaris
8. They are so bad that you will find an instant demonstration with the
Slowlaris find and GNU find program. The first takes hours even days
whereas the second will take a few minutes or even less than a minute.
Same hardware, same box running Slowlaris 8. I heard Solaris 10 was much
better but I have not had the chance to verify that.