[CentOS] DHCPd Config

Tue Jul 5 22:13:25 UTC 2005
Andreas Rogge <arogge at gmx.de>

Am Dienstag, den 05.07.2005, 22:03 +0100 schrieb Lee W:
> Is it absolutely necessary to use IP-Masq / NAT in order to setup Linux
> as a Router?

No.

>  I'm trying to setup a few Linux machines (Centos of course) as
> convential routers as opposed to Gateways so that I can learn more about
> routing between them on various Subnets.
All in all this is quite easy. Just skip the Masq-Stuff :)
Another question is: do you want to firewall? You're talking about
normal subnetting. This can be done w/o an iptables-configuration at all
(just disable firewalling and enable ip-forwarding)

> All the How-To's I've found talk about Masq, I would appreciate if
> anyone can point me in the direction of a convential Linux router howto.
I don't think there are any such documents. The whole thing is quite straightforward.

Regards,
Anreas Rogge