[CentOS] raid5 crash

Mon Jul 11 09:04:53 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 10:14 +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
> although this mail create a long thread, but anybody has any good
> solution to the original question?

Nope.  I looked through his netdump and couldn't find a thing
that was helpful.  Now he's clearly using MD (not LVM), and I'd
use the standard HOWTO troubleshooting to try to revolve.

But, otherwise, the use of the 3Ware card for drives in JBOD and MD atop
just making me scratch my head.  I guess using it for hot-swap is
somewhat of a reason, but it just seems like a waste.

BTW, now one thing I _have_ seen a lot of people complain about with
3Ware cards is when they were using software RAID-5 on them.  Especially
in the early 2.4.x series, now possibly the early 2.6.x as well -- all
MD issues, not 3Ware card issues.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->