[CentOS] Sarah: RHSA tracking tool

Mon Jul 11 20:44:06 UTC 2005
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 15:10 -0400, William Suffill wrote:
> > Won't yum --generate-rss updates return what we want?
>
> FYI, this option is deprecated. Use repo-rss from yum-utils instead.

Furthermore it does not relate packages to RHSA numbers,
release-time, description and urgency. We have contracts that specifies
how much time we have depending on the urgency to implement a fix.

And we have to communicate fixes and descriptions to customers, it's a
tedious task to provide this for a number of machines for each customer
before a maintenance window.

But it can be automated... so there is hope. :)