[CentOS] Disk Druid - control RAID partition layout?

Tue Jul 12 02:12:19 UTC 2005
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

> 2. There has been a lot of discussion about whether swap was stable on
> RAID devices. This is a continuing debate, because it depends highly
> on other aspects of the kernel as well.

Well, the reasoning about the kernel being able to find stuff in swap if
the partition was mirrored kind of makes sense. Where I work, we used to
put use two separate partitions for swap. Whenever a disk went down, the
box was likely to crash too and so we would find out about the disk
after a reboot. After we made those partitions a mirror of one another
for swap, we now don't get crashes and we get notifications of a disk
going down.