[CentOS] Open Office 1.9.x

Thu Jul 14 09:32:38 UTC 2005
Vincent Knecht <vknecht at club-internet.fr>

Le Mercredi 13 Juillet 2005 07:36, Mark Jarvis a écrit :
> Having used Open Office 1.9.x on the XP side of my box, I decided to
> install it on the CentOS side. (The default OO was 1.1.2, for heaven's
> sake!) I downloaded the Linux 386 version from the OO site.
>
> I immediately ran into problems--
>  1) The installation instructions were for OO 1.x.
>  2) The download appears to be source RPMs.
>
> Although I've used UNIX & Linux for over 15 years, there are still some
> empty spots in my toolbox--and dealing with RPMs in one of them. (YUM is
> SO much nicer!)
>
> Has anyone added OO1.9.113 to CentOS?

I installed 00o 1.9.113 a few days ago on my CentOS 4.1 box without problem,
though I uninstalled the 1.1.x version beforehand.  I had Sun j2sdk 1.4.2_08
installed too.

> Where can I find info on what I need to do to get OO1.9.x added to my
> CentOS installation?

http://download.openoffice.org/2.0beta/instructions.html#linux
You just need unpacking the archive, then a "rpm -Uivh *.rpm" in the directory
containing all rpm files should do. I didn't try the desktop integration,
though.