[CentOS] CentOS 4 post installation of all packages

Fri Jul 15 18:31:59 UTC 2005
dan1 <dan1 at edenpics.com>

>> Hello.
>>
>> I have installed CentOS 4 on a server in a hosting company and I realise
>> that not all packages have been installed.
>> I would like to install all packages exactly like it is when we click on
>> 'install everything' from the CentOS 4 installation.
>> Is there a way of doing so with 'yum install' something ? My goal is to
>> have the exact replicate as the default CentOS 4 'install everything'
>> option.
>> I am in fear that there would be other packages installed than only the
>> ones from the default CentOS install by typing 'yum install *' if this is
>> possible.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Daniel
>
>Hi Daniel,
>If the server has the DVD in the drive could you not simply do:-
>  rpm -Uvh *.rpm
>from the RPMS directory on the DVD.  Afterwards just run 'yum update' to
>apply in recent package updates.
>Apologies if I'm not understanding your situation correctly.
>
>Regards
>Lee

Hi Lee. Thanks for the advice. No, you have well understood my problem.
I will have a look if it's possible for them to put the DVD into the server.
It is already one solution.
I was interested by a 'yum' solution, but that one is already a start.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Daniel