[CentOS] Re: Low RAM -- Security Appliance distros ...

Thu Jul 21 00:25:28 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 20:55 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> I have been using linux-based firewall for some time now.
> Tried IpCop twice, since it would help simply the whole process.
> Gave up. It simply doesn't provide with enough flexibility or
> customization, without going into more trouble than I would have
> using a "generic" distro (RedHat, Conectiva, CentOS etc).
> Of course, I do need a high degree of customization, so your mileage
> will vary.
> Installed a CentOS firewall today, btw. Worked like a charm.

And that's fine, not trying to tell you what to do.  Just wanted
to make you aware of IPCop if you weren't already.

BTW, when I need more flexibility in services (e.g., Proxy, VPN,
etc...), I _do_ setup a FC/RHEL/CentOS server in the DMZ zone of
an IPCop box.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->