[CentOS] Yum/rpm error (rpmdb versioning issue?)

Fri Jul 22 03:58:09 UTC 2005
Phil Schaffner <P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org>

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 18:57 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> On 7/21/05, Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 19:43 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
> > > I'm curious. Is this something we all have to look forward to,
> >
> > Probably.
> >
> > > or is it merely something the user did to break RPM?
> >
> > Probably.  This is not a new issue - almost a FAQ.
> >

> You could save us all a lot of searching if you could be a little more
> verbose and perhaps even prepare an FAQ. I haven't encountered any
> problems with yum/rpm since my original 4.0 install. Now
> up-to-4.1-snuff and still no problems, so it would be nice to know
> what to avoid.

Sorry if I was a bit too terse/cute.  If I knew precisely what to avoid
I'd write the FAQ.  As far as the fix, seemed to me that at least two
good answers in the current thread would suffice.

Cheers,
Phil.