[CentOS] Re: New to CentOS, and wondering about application availability

Wed Jul 27 14:21:38 UTC 2005
Karanbir Singh <Mail-Lists at karan.org>

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 09:34 -0400, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>
>>I was using Fedora Core 4 for a few weeks, but it was unstable and
>>had trouble reading some of my DVD drives and other issues.
>
> Consider sticking with Fedora Core 3.

Whats wrong with CentOS4 that he has just installed ? The orignal post
was about sources/ repositories for CentOS4, and not whats wrong with FC4.

Can we atleast try and keep some sort of thread sanity here ? If you
have nothing to say about the issues raied in the original post, please
dont. If you have an opinion on something that might be related from an
outside angle - feel free to start a new thread ( so that people with no
interest can safely ignore it ).

> I'm holding off on Fedora Core 4 adoption, just like I did Fedora Core
> 2.  I really wish Red Hat would go back to the revisioning model for the
> community Linux, so people are "warned" when you basically get a ".0"
> release.

Thats why CentOS exists. If you dont want a bleeding edge, faster moving
distro : you have a choice. Use CentOS. Feel free to download from any
of the mirrors listed at :

http://www.centos.org/mirrors/

- KB

--