[CentOS] Re: Using CentOS as a file server on a win2K domain

Wed Jul 27 23:23:18 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 15:24, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> > You use 'chosen' above as to suggest that there are equivalent
> > alternatives.  Are there -  for an organization that lives
> > and dies by the scheduling features and shared folders in exchange?
>
> Like the ones listed here?  http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8333
>
> Note: I have not used any of these but they appear to address most
> functions currently available via the windows alternative.

Maybe... Most 'groupware' doesn't do quite what the Exchange/Outlook
combination does.  One feature that is important to the group I
work with is that emailed meeting requests show up in the outlook
personal calendar whether the email is opened/accepted or not, and
that public calendars can accumulate and show what a group of people
will be doing. For example we use one for 'scheduled maintenance'
for a large group of people making changes on any network equipment
or servers so it is possible to notice potential conflicting changes
and back out things if problems are found later.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com