[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4 install DVD

Thu Jul 28 19:09:10 UTC 2005
Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo-route.com>

Robert Hanson wrote:

> }
> }As long as you do an update after your install, you'll be okay.  Of
> }course, if you use a more recent .iso, you'll have less packages to update.
> }
> }--
> }Ugo
> }
>
> appreciated.
>
> ...and i hear you yet the prob is, the orig dvd i recv'd was put together
> and downloaded from one of the developers (i think) servers and not from the
> CentOS mirrors on about day one of the _new_ CentOS 4
>
> i prefer ftp and do not use "torrents" or whatever that garbage is.

Garage? Please don't comment if you don't know what it is.

> ive checked the mirrors in i386 and other areas to no avail.
>
> so, where do i find the _most current and updated latest greatest_ i386
> CentOS 4.X complete install DVD .iso or whatever you want to call it?

http://centos.arcticnetwork.ca/4.1/isos/i386/CentOS-4.1-i386-binDVD1.torrent

replace centos.arcticnetwork.ca by the name of the nearest mirror

BTW, this one still needs a yum update after install.  They cannot
create an .iso everyday.

--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.