[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4 install DVD

Thu Jul 28 19:35:56 UTC 2005
Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo-route.com>

Robert Hanson wrote:

> }ouch, torrent is the best thing since sliced bread. Using torrent I can
> }download a dvd in less than five minutes over my 28k modem.
>
> hehehe ok, so im old fashioned. i guess ive just been around so long that
> anything new fangled that doesnt give an immediate $$$ return on investment
> is a waste of my time and causes me more problems and wastes more time than
> i care to deal with.
>
> 2 gig in less than 5 minutes on a connection that only supports about 32000
> chars a sec?
>
> ill bite.

I think he was being sarcastic.

> so.... where do i go to get *more* educated on torrents, the right way, and
> the first time? :)

http://www.bittorrent.com/
http://www.bittorrent.com/introduction.html

Bittorrent may not help downloading faster, but it can.  Its main
advantage is that it uses everyone's bandwidth instead of using only the
mirrors.  Mirrors are usually costly, so that leaves more money to the
mirrors owners or to CentOS.  It is using unused bandwith in fact.

Hope this helps,

--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.