[CentOS] CentOS on Compaq Proliant Rackmount Servers

Mon Jul 18 20:23:53 UTC 2005
Ken Godee <ken at perfect-image.com>

> Is it currently worth getting used dual PIII 1850R's or should I start with
> used dual PIII DL380's and like 1Ghz minimum processor speed?

I'll also add that the "Proliant Support Pack" works as well.

I've just finished installing three DL380 G2's using CentOS 3.x.

I picked up all three off of ebay.....

DL380 G2, dual 1.4ghz, 1-2 gig mem, redundant pwr, redundant fans,
15k 36g x4 drives. Two had the optional SA5i+ (BBWC) raid controller and
one had standard SA5i raid controller.

PCI-X,PCI 2.2 and ACPI 1.0b compliant

Two came with complete rack hardware.

Big plus to check for also... Two came with around six months of
cpq warranty left.

Paid $1,450-$1,550 + ship.

Very good boxes for the money.

Remember, get serial number and check cpq site for warranty
some sellers don't even realize there's any warranty left.