[CentOS] Attempting custom CentOS4 network install

Nikos Zaharioudakis nzahar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:48:26 UTC 2005

The easiest scenario is to figure out a yum or apt repository as the
other guys have expained. Otherwise do what we used to do in the past:
If you are absoluterly sure the xtra rpms of your choice do not need
any dependencies {otherwise you must include them as well} do as
follows.
go to the post section of the kickstart.
mkdir /mnt/sysimage/some-nfs-share
mount -t nfs  ......
rpm -Uvh /mnt/sysimage/some-nfs-share/*.rpm
umount /mnt/sysimage/some-nfs-share

This is the simplest but you must always resolve dependencies and make
sure the latest version of the needed rpms are there. In the apt or
yum scenario, yum or apt will take care of theese. After all that's
why they were created

--
Zaharioudakis Nikos,RHCT