[CentOS] Vote For CentOS :)

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> thebs413 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 2 15:23:31 UTC 2005

From: Simon Perreault <nomis80 at lqt.ca>
> I think you will agree that the difference between RHEL and Fedora
> is greater than the one between CentOS and RHEL, enough for RHEL
> to be a different distro from Fedora.

As was Red Hat Linux (RHL) before it became Fedora Core (FC).
Of course, all Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) packages start
out as RHL/FC packages, and there is that 1:1 relationship.

If you like Fedora Core, vote Fedora Core.
If you like CentOS, vote CentOS.
If you like RHEL w/SLAs, I'd vote RHEL (but that's just my viewpoint).

But as I said, I think people will over-analyze things to death.
People won't know about CentOS unless people vote for it, so
if it's your favorite, just do so.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org