[CentOS] How many supported DNS IP addresses maybe configured in/etc/resolv.conf ?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jun 2 17:40:46 UTC 2005

There is no limit that I am aware of to the number of 'nameserver'
directives if that's what you're asking. They'll all be tried in
sequence until a response is received. From the resolv.conf man page --

"The algorithm used is to try a name server, and if the query times out,
try the next, until out of name servers, then repeat trying all the name
servers until a maximum number of retries are made"

IMHO, if 2 or 3 aren't sufficient then you should really consider the
root cause why you need more and correct that ;)

--
Marc