[CentOS] PHP mcrypt

Maciej Żenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Mon Jun 6 18:23:22 UTC 2005

the problem is these are built as part of the php rpm, which is part of
the base/updates centos installation, the only point where it makes sense
to add this is within centos, at the same time this would deviate centos
from upstream, which is bad...

not quite sure what the correct solution is
(if you do build php with mhash and mcrypt you only need to install the
php-mhash and php-mcrypt rpms - the rest can stay from centos updates)
That's why I think, this should be going in extras (not centosplus since
it doesn't actually need to change any base packages).

Cheers,
MaZe