[CentOS] Re: CentOS Digest, Vol 5, Issue 9

James B. Byrne

ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Thu Jun 9 16:59:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:28:58 -0400 Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:

> You'll get good answers from the pgsql-admin at postgresql.org list; this is
> a generic PostgreSQL issue.
>
> PostgreSQL does its own authentication and permissions that are completely
> independent of the Unix/PAM auth in use

Thanks for the help. Have been there, done that, and discovered the
hard way that pam is pretty much superfluous to my application;
nonetheless, it was an interesting journey.

Regards,
Jim

--

***     e-mail is NOT a secure channel     ***
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB.<token>@Harte-Lyne.ca