[CentOS] New CentOS 4 x86_64 U1 kernel - grub entry

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jun 9 23:19:46 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 10.06.2005 schrieb Karanbir Singh um 0:49:

> > The new kernel is added to grub as:
> >
> > title CentOS
> > Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (2.6.9-11.EL)

> Could you open a bug at http://bugs.centos.org/ please, also include any
> info about your setup, what arch, install history etc. The kernel
> install produces a correct title { CentOS (rel-ver) } for me on i386 and
> x86_64.
>
> do you have any custom strings in /etc/redhat-release perhaps ?

Thanks Karanbir, didn't think about that. Yes, I change that content:

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 4.0 (Final)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant)

I don't remember where, but I did read that adding the RHEL release tag
fulfill requirements for some third party applications wanting an RHEL
base.

Think it is no bug or missetup of the kernel package then. The change is
my custom one.

Regards

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 01:15:19 up 16 days, 23:52, load average: 0.34, 0.45, 0.52