[CentOS] PenDrive don't mount

Fri Jun 10 08:51:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 10:26 +0200, Dominik Składanowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After last kernel update (yesterday), I can't use my pendrive. After
> insert to port there is no new drive icon on a desktop.
>
> Anybody has the same problem?
>
> Regards.

Were you using the standard kernel before (ie, not the CentOSPlus
kernel) ... and are you still using the same kernel now (but a new
version).

If your old kernel is still around, does it have a "unsupported" in it's
name.

We, like the upstream provider, published the 4 security updates for
Update1 when they came out ... CentOS-4.1 will contain the bugfix and
enhancement updates.  There is a new autofs and a new hwbrowser /
hwdata / kudzu group coming in the CentOS-4.1 that might help in this
area.

Should be in a couple days ... we have several developers working on
getting it out.