[CentOS] Easiest way how to receive FAXes from an external modem?

Nikos Zaharioudakis nzahar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:58:59 UTC 2005

Hi Petr,
Take a serial modem and connect it on your computer. (take a note
weather you have put it in COM1 or COM2.
Now fetch ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/binary/linux/redhat/RPMS/i386/hylafax-4.2.1-1rhel4.i386.rpm
The hylafax project is by far the #1 choice for you. Follow the
instructions and questions by the installation. It works smotthly.
Remeber that incoming faxes are sent via e-mail to a human for final
dispatching. The machine cannot read it --*
Read the instructions on the http://www.hylafax.org site.
My last installation was on a multiserial server with 8 modems
incoming - outgoing. The machine has more than 100 days uptime and
some 120.000 faxes.
In case you need more assistance feel free to mail me in my private
mail as this is not a  CentOS exactly issue

Best Regards,
Nikos