[CentOS] New Server Recommendation

Mike Kercher

mike at CamaroSS.net
Wed Jun 15 14:59:15 UTC 2005

I'm about to deploy a new server for hosting sites and email for a number of
small individuals using a CentOS 4 box.  I've been looking for a recommended
installation guide for RHEL4/CentOS4 giving recommended disk partitioning as
well as quotas.  I've not used quotas with LVM yet.  This box is going to
have an 80 IDE system drive, an 80G SATA and a 250G SATA for everything
else.  One thing I want to be sure of is that I don't run out of space for
the mail spools in /var/spool/mail.

Does anyone know of a guide for this online?  I wish Johnny had a guide like
this on his site :)

Mike