[CentOS] turning off prelinking?

alex at milivojevic.org alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Jun 16 16:31:35 UTC 2005

Quoting "Shawn M. Jones" <smj at littleprojects.org>:

> I really don't have any answers to your questions concerning
> prelinking, but have you considered alternatives to tripwire, such as:
>  * AIDE
>  * Samhain
>  * Osiris
> to name a few.
>
> Last time I tried, these all worked with the latest *NIX, prelinking or no.

Last time I checked AIDE, it was real pain to configure (real mess), and I was
never able to get it to check things I want it to check, and ignore others.

I'm looking at Samhain for last week or two, and it looks usable.  I'll be
giving it a try, probably.  However, Samhain is calling "prelink --verify" for
each binary to be able to compute/check hash.  Which gives big performance
degradation.  Well, better than nothing, I guess.

I haven't got to Osiris yet...