[CentOS] X-Windows client for MS-Win2K

James B. Byrne ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Thu Jun 16 17:13:30 UTC 2005

An intermittent need to connect to a CentOS4 development box from a
MS-Win2K workstation using X-Windows has developed here.  However,
I cannot seem to find a cheap (read free) X-windows client for MS-
Windows to accommodate this.  This seems very odd to me, displaying
no doubt my profound ignorance of the issues involved.  The few
shareware versions that I have located expect registration fees in
the $90-100 range, which is something I have never encountered
before.

Is there a free X-Windows client for Microsoft OS's?  Why is this
software so rare and dear?

Regards,
Jim

--