[CentOS] 3.x ->3.5 update?

Sat Jun 18 04:11:19 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 18:00 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On my Centos 3.4 boxes that were up to date a day or two ago, yum wants
> to update just about everything today.  Is that normal?

Yes ... we shifted to 3.5 from 3.4 yesterday.

All the security updates of update 5 were done when released.  The
Bugfix (RHBA) and Enhancements (RHEA) updates were made into CentOS 3.5.
After completing all archs (s390, s390x, ia64, x86_64, i386) and
releasing new ISOs, the default released CentOS-3 was moved from 3.4 to
3.5.

So, this is all the enhancement and bugfix (non-security related)
updates that were released in EL4 update 5.

3.5 is available:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2005-June/000308.html

3.5 is default:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2005-June/000383.html

---------------------------

Same is true for CentOS-4, that was moved to from CentOS 4.0 to CentOS
4.1 yesterday as well.

For info see the following from the announce list...

4.1 is available:

i386:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2005-June/000310.html

ia64: