[CentOS] OT raid controller

John Newbigin

jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Mon Jun 20 01:40:46 UTC 2005

Sorry for an OT post, but given the recent discussions here re raid, I
was wondering if anyone had any info on the
ITE 8212 RAID controller (GigaRAID)
This is a PATA HW RAID as found on the GigaByte GA-8I915P-PRO
motherboard. (I can see an IC on the board labeled GigaRAID.  Their
manual claims that is has it's own CPU).

I am not using it because I have SATA, but I am still curious about it's
HW v SW raid ability and general linux support.  They do provide a linux
driver but the install instructions refer to /dev/had (obviously a typo
so I don't think it is well tested or supported).

I have tried google, but most references are to questions, now answers :(

John.

--
John Newbigin
Computer Systems Officer