[CentOS] OT: question on setting up an email server

Ulrik S. Kofod usk at cybersite.dk
Tue Jun 21 07:09:40 UTC 2005

As this is pretty much off topic, I'll make this short.
The qmailtoaster is installed with a default 6mb memory limit on smtpd, so this very
theoretical security problem is pretty much eliminated.

Bruno S. Delbono sagde:
>> Don't know if qmailtoaster already has been mentioned. It's really
> easy to
>> setup and
>> I'm really happy with my setup.
>> http://www.qmailtoaster.com/
>
>>From postfix-users@
>
> Georgi Guninski have found a remotely-exploitable security hole in qmail.
> <http://www.guninski.com/where_do_you_want_billg_to_go_today_4.html>
>
> D. Bernstein denied the claim, classified it as "portability problem" and refused
to pay the prize.
> <http://cr.yp.to/qmail/guarantee.html>
>
> Qmail's ML responded nervously to Guninski's post. Like everytime when anyone dare
to say anything negative about qmail... It's quite

--
" I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just because some moistened
bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away!"

Please send all irrelevant information to youarewastingmybandwidth at cybersite.dk