[CentOS] OT: question on setting up an email server

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jun 21 12:44:18 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:48:41PM +0800, Feizhou wrote:
> Ooh, I am so worried.

You might not be about this particular problem, but it *should* make you
worried about the state of qmail in general -- unmaintained by the one
person who can do anything about it, and legally unmaintainable by anyone
else.

> idiot postfix poster. There was hardly anything nervous on the list.

Well, depends if you call ad hominem attacks and a quick "discount-first,
think-later" response as nervous. I might.

> Quite a few qmail old hands such as Russel Nelson (maintainer of
> www.qmail.org) wanted DJB to update his installation instructions so
> that inetd is no longer mentioned.

This is *exactly* the point -- except it applies to the whole project, not
just the documentation.