[CentOS] Centos 3 - yum update error (rpm-libs)

Wed Jun 22 10:15:46 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 11:13 +0200, thorsten at uni.de wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> i get following error:
>
> Downloading needed headers
> Resolving dependencies
> .....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package rpm-libs needs rpm = 4.2.3-13.WB2, this is not available.
>

> I switch from WhiteBox to Centos. How can resolve this problem?

That should be upgraded as well.

Are you doing the switch now or are you upgrading CentOS after an
already good switch?

You have to upgrade from WBEL-3 to CentOS-3 ... or WBEL-4 to CentOS-4.
Can't easily to a yum upgrade from WBEL-3 to CentOS-4.  Looks like, from
the package name, you are trying to upgrade a WBEL-3 machine.

Here is a link with specific info:

http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=19