[CentOS] Net installations failing

Fri Jun 24 09:53:42 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 23:08 -0400, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Andy Pace wrote:
>
> > Why is it that my netinstalls are failing? It's saying that the
> > downloaded image does not match the booted media. i'm using mirror:
> >
> > http://mirror.trouble-free.net/centos/3.4
> > I've tried installing 4.0 and 3.4 with the same result. Weird huh.
> > This happened to me last week also.
> > Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
>
> your bootdisk must be taken from the iso from the version which you are
> trying to install. So if you are installing 3.4 make sure that you boot
> with the boot disk from the 3.4 repository.

There is only one tree present ... if you want to install via a net
install (against the latest tree) then you must download the NEW
boot.iso after 3.5 was made the default version.

Get the new boot iso from:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3/os/i386/images/

(or from your mirror at the same spot ... substitute your arch for i386)