[CentOS] Net installations failing

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:05:09 UTC 2005

On 6/24/05, Brian MacLeod <nym.bnm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem.  I have it as
> well, and I have been using both CD1 and the boot.iso from the 3.5
> tree.  CD1 still insists that the installation tree is wrong, and the
> boot.iso starts to work, but fails upon processing the kickstart files
> that have worked fine in 3.4 (and yes, they reference the -3 tree, and
> not the 3.4/3.5 specific trees).

Okay, so time to admit my own failures, my kickstart ended up with an
extra dash in one of the partition options, and that was throwing off
the boot.iso when it ran anaconda.  I thought I only adjusted the
size, but I apparently inserted an errant hyphen.  The boot.iso works
over network fine.

That said, I still do have the problem with CD1 -- the system still
insists that 3.5 CD1 and the installation tree from my local mirror as
well as the mirrors at UW-Madison and GA Tech do not match.  The ISO
for CD1 has been downloaded from all of these sites and burned to
blank CD-RWs (and with the boot.iso CD-RW also came from, that now
works).  I've been able to use CD1 for networked installs before, is
this now a problem?  Did RH change how their CD1 behaves?

bnm