[CentOS] Getting Mailman Running

John Hinton

webmaster at ew3d.com
Sat Jun 25 20:41:17 UTC 2005

On a CentOS 4 box, I'm trying to get Mailman running. I found the apache
conf file in /etc/httpd/conf.d and set the servername in that. When I
try to go there, I get a 500 internal server error.. when I try to start
Mailman, I get

Starting mailman: Site list is missing: mailman

I've never run Mailman before.. looked in the
/etc/mailman/sitelist.cfg.. don't see anything in there that needs to be
set.

man mailman shows no entries.....

I installed it via rpm at server install time. I am running sendmail.
python is installed... I can't seem to find much to help.

Thanks,
John Hinton