[CentOS] [OT] Memory Models and Multi/Virtual-Cores -- WAS: 4.0 -> 4.1 update failing

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> thebs413 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 28 17:28:35 UTC 2005

From: Steven Vishoot <sir_funzone at yahoo.com>
> As Carol Brady said "what was all that about" I dont
> know if anyone else feels this way, but i think this
> subjuct has been beaten to death and beyond. Not sure
> if i remember right, but wasnt the original post about
> upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1? How did this topic become
> an engineering course? sorry for being a crab...but
> come on....

If you deploy servers with more than 1GB of RAM, and
definitely more than 4GB of RAM, you should be aware
of what limitations there are with Intel solutions.

That's what this was about.

If someone else wanted to make it into a discussion of
board traces and other, irrelevant non-sense, then I'm
sorry for getting into that with him.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org