[CentOS] Installing Dag's RPMs

dan.trainor

dan.trainor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 19:07:00 UTC 2005

Hello, all -

I wanted to know your guys' success rate when installing and rebuilding
RPMs in CentOS (specifically 4.0) that have come from Dag's Repositories
(http://dag.wieers.com/packages/).

I have noticed a number of these packages stalling at various points
throughout an rpmbuild process, and I can't quite get it.  It looks
almost as if they were all built for RHEL4.0, but if CentOS is supposed
to follow so close in RHEL's footsteps, why would this be a problem?

I'll give Dag an email and see if he has anything to say about that.
Once I get enough information, I'll just go ahead and hack up the RPMs
so that they work properly on my systems - but I thought I'd ask
beforehand, as to not re-invent the wheel.

Thanks!
-dant