[CentOS] Installing Dag's RPMs

dan.trainor dan.trainor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 20:27:50 UTC 2005

Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, dan.trainor wrote:
>

>>I wanted to know your guys' success rate when installing and rebuilding
>>RPMs in CentOS (specifically 4.0) that have come from Dag's Repositories
>>(http://dag.wieers.com/packages/).
>>
>>I have noticed a number of these packages stalling at various points
>>throughout an rpmbuild process, and I can't quite get it.  It looks
>>almost as if they were all built for RHEL4.0, but if CentOS is supposed
>>to follow so close in RHEL's footsteps, why would this be a problem?
>>
>>I'll give Dag an email and see if he has anything to say about that.
>>Once I get enough information, I'll just go ahead and hack up the RPMs
>>so that they work properly on my systems - but I thought I'd ask
>>beforehand, as to not re-invent the wheel.
>

> Having the buildlog is essential to finding the cause. I provide buildlogs
> of my packages so if you have problems, you can always compare your output
> with mine. It's not impossible that there are missing build requirements
> or something else is different in the build environment.
>
> Kind regards,
> --   dag wieers,  dag at wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
> [all I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power]

Hey, speak of the Devil ;)  Thanks for responding.

I, too, have had wonderful success using your RPMs, they have been
extremely helpful.  However, I have only been using them for a short
time.  With that being said, I was not aware that a buildlog was created
- this I will look for, and bring back to the list here in a short while.

I know you're busy, but I just wanted to say thanks for responding.

-dant