[CentOS] Re: Offtopic Posts [was Re: [OT] Memory Models and Multi/Virtual-Cores -- WAS: 4.0 -> 4.1 update failing]

Gavin Carr gavin at openfusion.com.au
Wed Jun 29 00:23:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 08:11:40PM -0400, Avtar Gill wrote:
> Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:
> >People are building servers with CentOS.  This stuff is pertinent.
>
> I couldn't agree more.  I'm not keeping tabs here but it seems to me
> that a good majority of Bryan's posts offer helpful insight into
> hardware issues that one might encounter while using CentOS.
>
> There have been some threads that I didn't bother reading since they
> weren't relevant to me so I just ignored them.  That's the key here; if
> you don't like what's on TV then change the channel.  Initially I didn't
> want to say anything but some of these comments are just too harsh and
> unfair.

And a 'hear hear' from here. I've followed some of the recent threads with
great interest, and skipped the bits that seemed less relevant to me. The
threads have been labelled OT - just skip or filter them people. In the
absence of an offtopic list I don't see the posters can really do too much
more.

Off topic maybe, but -1 troll. :-)

Cheers,
Gavin