[CentOS] nfs install : kernel panic

Rénald Legendre

renald.legendre at sonis.net
Thu Jun 30 10:30:01 UTC 2005

hello,

i just downloaded centos 4.1 dvd iso through bittorrent,
compared it with the md5 checksum (result ok),
and burned the 5Mb iso boot file, in order to make a nfs networked install.

my nfs server is on 192.168.0.6 and i did a mount of the iso to /mnt/centos,
then inserted the boot cd in the to-be-installed server, did a "ok, your
ip is 192.168.0.7,
the nfs server is 192.168.0.6, and the directory is /mnt/centos/", but
there is a kernel panic...

can someone tell me if there is something wrong with this please ?
i already tried ftp & http installs, but it tells me
"ftp://192.168.0.6//mnt/centos/(...)/net2(...).sys don't exist"
(remark the two // after the ip address, both in ftp & http installs. i
tried to do mnt/centos but the installer
told me "no!").

thanks,

legendre renald