[CentOS] Re: Installing Dag's RPMs

Dan Pritts danno at internet2.edu
Thu Jun 30 15:32:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 03:11:38PM -0700, dan.trainor wrote:
> cryptic nature.  I've been doing a LOT of RPM exploration over the past
> few weeks, and found the process of actually creating an RPM to be a
> somewhat cumbersome and at times poorly documented system.  I don't want

Tell it, brother!

I spent three hours figuring out how to write a spec file to create
an RPM that doesn't do anything other than tell the RPM database
that such and such a capability is installed (some java app didn't
think i have "java" since sun's rpms didn't tell RPM it was there).

ugh.

danno
--
dan pritts - systems administrator - internet2
734/352-4953 office        734/834-7224 mobile