[CentOS] CentOS 4 in Virtual PC for Mac 7.0.1

Thu Jun 2 16:08:17 UTC 2005
Aaron Havens <havensa at nsuok.edu>

T'Krin wrote:

>Hey all.
>
>Has anyone been able to successfully install CentOS 4 in Virtual PC on the
>Mac?  I have tried numerous times in both gui and text install mode w/ and
>w/o package customization and minimum and everything install.  The install
>dies just when packages are beginning to be installed or very shortly
>thereafter.  I don't get a full screen of errors to share as they pass by
>the screen too far and end w/ a message saying the installation has died
>unexpectedly.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>
>~Dan

I was interested and tried this also. My installation failed also. I did
a minimal installation. The only error I see is the following:

Starting graphical installation...
Install exited abnormally
<7>serio: kseriod exiting
sending termination signals...done
sending kill signals...done
disabling swap...

I am running Virtual PC 7.0.1 on MacOS 10.4.1.

--
Aaron Havens
Network Technician