[CentOS] Autorollback Patches for CentOS 4 RPM

Tue Jun 7 18:54:32 UTC 2005
Sam Hart <sam at progeny.com>

Hi all,

For anyone interested, I have just ported James Oden's
Autorollback/Autorollback-goal RPM patches to the version of RPM present
inside of CentOS 4.

The patched RPMs, SRPM and raw patches can be found online here:
	http://hackers.progeny.com/~sam/RPM-Autorollback/

Specifically, you can find those for CentOS 4 here:
	http://hackers.progeny.com/~sam/RPM-Autorollback/#wherecentos4

One of the goals of the AR/ARBG patches is to prevent failed RPM
transactions from leaving a system in an unusable state. They were
designed with Carrier Grade Linux in mind, but I'd wager there could be
applications elsewhere.

These are the patches taken from RPM's CVS and ported into the CentOS 4
version (4.3.3).

Any questions, comments, feel free to send them to me off-list.

--
.O.                                         Sam Hart, sam at progeny.com
..O                                        Progeny Linux Systems, Inc
OOO                                         <http://www.progeny.com/>