Found the answer!!!>>[Fwd: [CentOS] Error when clicking on link>>text error correction]

Sun Jun 12 02:24:54 UTC 2005
Dick Roth <raroth7 at comcast.net>

In FC2, I had installed both Firefox and Thunderbird from Mozilla.org.
They were not "resident" as part of the distro.  With CentOS4, they are
"standard" features.  After I adjusted "Preferred Applications" applet
to accommodate the change of locations, all started working properly.

Thanks for allowing me to take up space and bandwidth.

Dick

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [CentOS] Error when clicking on link>>text error correction
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:55:06 -0400
From: Dick Roth <raroth7 at comcast.net>

I meant to say that I left my home directory intact so I would _not_
have to re-option, etc...

Good Morning--

Since installing CentOS4 the other day, I've had trouble with
Thunderbird 1.02 when attempting to click on a link within an email.
Rather than opening a tab in Firefox 1.0.4, I get an error message:

"Error showing url:  There was an error launching the default action
command associated with this location."

When I installed CentOS, I left my home directory intact so I would have
to re-option apps I had already been using.

Has anyone else had this problem...and found a cure?  I did check the
archives, but didn't stumble upon anything useful.

Thank,
Dick

--
Pithy saying goes here:  (future).