[CentOS] turning off prelinking?

Thu Jun 16 16:06:27 UTC 2005
alex at milivojevic.org <alex at milivojevic.org>

In short, the reason considering (and still only considering) turning it off is
to make tripwire usable again (security vs. performance, I guess).

Is it possible to completely turn it off system-wide?  Any additional steps
needed on the existing system (that already have half of the binaries
prelinked)?

What order of performance degradation to expect?  If it is minor, nobody is
going to cry about it.  My old RH 7.3 systems don't have prelinking, and I
don't see them being any slower than FC2 and newer systems that have
prelinking...