[CentOS] Vote For CentOS :)

Thu Jun 2 23:52:45 UTC 2005
me at prestoncrawford.com <me at prestoncrawford.com>

 -------- Original Message --------

I appreciate it as well. In fact I plan on donating one of these days when I get the money. And I'm definitely recommending it to all my friends/family who use Linux. Yes, Red Hat creates RHEL. But by that logic shouldn't the credit be given to each contributor to each individual project that goes into a distro? Red Hat doesn't create mySQL, do they? Or Apache? How about Firefox? Is that Red Hat's baby? Point is, if you keep on saying "give credit where credit is due" you have to pass it down the line to the individual developers, testers, bug-fixers, etc. for the thousands of projects that go into RHEL. Not to mention all the brave Fedora users.

So in the end, all things being equal and considering the above, my vote goes for CentOS.

Preston