[CentOS] Vote For CentOS :)

Sun Jun 5 03:49:40 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 21:21 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I'm using it - and crashing regularly with a raid on firewire
> setup...

Well, that's just asking for trouble on most platforms (NT and Darwin
included).

> Other than that oddball configuration it might be OK now, but
> look at all the updates you have to download after an
> install to get that mostly-usable version.

Was this any different then RHL7.x/RHAS2.1?
It adopted the 2.4 kernel early too.
Then FC1/RHEL3 has a latter 2.4 kernel, and things worked much better.

Now we have a new 2.6 kernel in FC3/RHEL4.
Things are going to take time to mature.
So I'd stick with FC1/RHEL3 for now, until FC5/RHEL5 come out.

> If they'd roll out a respin with the fixes on new install images when
> the initial bugs are mostly fixed it might be reasonable to use.

???  Don't you know how to mix in your own RPMS into an install?

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->