[CentOS] Is it possible to start Installer from WindowsXP?

Mon Jun 6 06:17:57 UTC 2005
Sukru TIKVES <sukru at cs.hacettepe.edu.tr>

Previously (many years ago) I had to do the same thing with Slackware
since I did not have an optical drive then.

The process is like this:

- Make a FAT partition
- Copy all the installation files (all disks) to the FAT partition
- You'll need a Kernel, a INITRD image and LOADLIN program
-- Kernel and INITRD is in cd:/images/pxeboot
-- You can find loadlin from the web
- Boot DOS (probably via a floppy)
- Use loadlin.exe to boot the linux kernel

If I remember correctly the command line was like this:

C:> LOADLIN.EXE VMLINUZ load_ramdisk=1 initrd=initrd.img RO

But please check the loadlin documentation. I have not done this for
years and I am not sure if it works with CentOS.

-- sukru