[CentOS] Re: dragging windows leaves traces -- running older GeForce drivers on newer cards

Mon Jun 6 18:56:42 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

From: Robin Mordasiewicz <robin at bullseye.tv>
> [root at zephyr config]# cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status
> Driver:          NVIDIA
> AGP Rate:        4x
> Fast Writes:     Enabled
> SBA:             Enabled
> I get more than 9000FPS running glxgears so the card is doing well.

Hmmm, interesting to see both Fast Writes and Side Band Addressing working.
Traditionally nVidia has been very conservative.
Maybe we'll see a larger performance boost yet!

Is this the new 1.0-7xxx series driver?  If so, which revision?

> I mean by showing the window contents while dragging.

As another poster said, if it's the brand new 1.0-7xxx series driver,
there were reported performance issues with moving windows.
Have you updated to 1.0-7664 (past buggy 1.0-7174)?

[ 7664?  Wow, that's a lot of builds in a short period of time! ]

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org