[CentOS] PenDrive don't mount

Fri Jun 10 09:14:09 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 11:08 +0200, Dominik Składanowski wrote:
> >>After last kernel update (yesterday), I can't use my pendrive. After
> >>insert to port there is no new drive icon on a desktop.
> >>
> >>Anybody has the same problem?
> >>

> > Were you using the standard kernel before (ie, not the CentOSPlus
> > kernel) ... and are you still using the same kernel now (but a new
> > version).
>
> I always use standard distro kernel. Actually it is 2.6.9-11.EL
>
> > If your old kernel is still around, does it have a "unsupported" in it's
> > name.
> >
> > We, like the upstream provider, published the 4 security updates for
> > Update1 when they came out ... CentOS-4.1 will contain the bugfix and
> > enhancement updates.  There is a new autofs and a new hwbrowser /
> > hwdata / kudzu group coming in the CentOS-4.1 that might help in this
> > area.
> >
> > Should be in a couple days ... we have several developers working on
> > getting it out.
>
> Thanks for answer.
>
> BTW: if I regularly use up2date on my CentOS 4.0, do I need to download
> and install new upcoming 4.1?

No ... in a couple days, it will be in a separate CentOS-4.1 tree ... a
couple days after that it will become the 4 default tree.  At that
point, all users will upgrade (if they do updates) ... just like if you
use RHN, and do upgrades, you will get all of RHEL-4 Update 1 without a
reinstall.

--
Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>