[CentOS] Easiest way how to receive FAXes from an external modem?

Sat Jun 11 03:08:48 UTC 2005
Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com>

On 6/10/05, Nikos Zaharioudakis <nzahar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Take a serial modem and connect it on your computer. (take a note
> weather you have put it in COM1 or COM2.
> Now fetch ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/binary/linux/redhat/RPMS/i386/hylafax-4.2.1-1rhel4.i386.rpm

> In case you need more assistance feel free to mail me in my private
> mail as this is not a  CentOS exactly issue

I take exception to that last point. IMO, any software to be run on a
CentOS system should be a legitimate topic on this list. I'm sure
others would benefit from a discussion about faxing on Linux.

Just my $.02.

--
 Collins
       Head teachers of the world unite: you have nothing to lose but