[CentOS] Tyan K8SE (S2892) / nForce Pro Experiences

Mon Jun 13 04:15:41 UTC 2005
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 10:50 +0800, Feizhou wrote:
>
>>NCQ support recently started getting some attention in libata. Is this
>>nv_sata driver part of the libata or is it separate from libata?
>>Would you have any information on whether NCQ support in drivers for
>>Nforce4 NCQ capable SATA controllers are on their way?
>

> Here's the skinny:
> http://linux.yyz.us/sata/sata-status.html
>
> Reality, a _lot_ of ATA peripheral logic in chipsets are still immature
> in general, must less Linux.

sigh. I was hoping for some inside info on Nvidia :D

I've tried asking them...they are not saying anything :(

Looks like near-term NCQ capable SATA will only be AHCI ones :(

Don't see one on a Opteron/Athlon64 board :(